Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_4_] Steve Barker[_4_] is offline

Default Plastic electrical boxes.

ease of use, don't have to fuptz around grounding them, cheaper, uh, uh ,
uh. I don't see a down side myself.

"news" wrote in message
cations...
nothing personal to the original poster, but why would
anyone use plastic boxes????? I know the obvious
answer is cost, but seriously.......a few pennies for the
quality and strength of steel?????

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
I know that all pros hate those plastic electrical boxes, but I' have
been using them anyway. Having put up drywall, I have just for the
first time realized that the notches that mark how far out the new-
work box should stick out are 3/8". What gives? Isn't 1/2" drywal
standard? Now all of my boxes are 1/8" too deep.