Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default How big to make a niche for the refridgerator?

On Dec 27, 9:07*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm building the refridgerator niche in my new kitchen. What's the
appropriate gap to have on either side? I was going to make it 1/2" on
either side, but am now wondering whether a larger gap is needed for
venting or for aesthetic reasons.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Big fridges come in either 36" or 33". Just make it that width. The
fridge is usually 1/4'-1/2" less wider anyway. When I did my kitchen,
I enclosed my 36" fridge with panels on the side and a 36"cabinet on
top, They usually are more concerned with the top clearance than the
sides.