Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Where to keep the tiny Allen wrench

B A R R Y wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
Am I the only one who reuses screws?

I often toss them during cleanup, unless the bin is already out.

It also depends on the quantity.

....and the quality. I have about a gallon each of assorted
aircraft-grade bolts, nuts, and washers in the shop that my neighbors
occasionally pick through.

I generally buy fasteners in 500 or 1000 quantities and dump the boxes
(and the box label) into big rectangular plastic jars (Parmesan cheese
containers from Sams) and carry the whole container to where I'm
working. If I take out a handful they go into the jar lid, and leftovers
get dumped back when I finish.

Screws I didn't buy go into the trash can.

After fighting the Allen wrench battle for too many years, I bought
T-handled wrench sets with bright yellow handles (marked with the size),
which seems to help.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar