Posted to rec.woodworking
C & S C & S is offline

Default Where to keep the tiny Allen wrench

I've built entire things out of the bucket 'o crap.

The thing about the bucket of crap is that it's usally crap.

A few years back I standardized in square drive. By comparrison the recyled
pile (oh yes I have one ) is, yes, crap. Not to sound like an advertisement
but it's true. Given the choice of a (even pre-used) Mc Feeley's
square-drive screw and a "lord knows what phillips/slotted"... I'll take the
screw from the proper inventory.

I have been riduculed by my dad for my crappy "spares" collection..... but
I got him using square-drive too :-).

I guess that I fall into the "keep a decent inventory of qaulity fasteners
and the problem becomes moot" camp.

-Steve