Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where to keep the tiny Allen wrench

"-MIKE-" wrote:

I hear you.

I have a bunch of those little gray hanging containers from HF. I
guy the 24 pack, just about every time it's on sale for 6 bucks.
I've gotten into the habit of pulling a few for any project/process
and having them there for misc pieces/parts. I always have a half
dozen or so at the top of the rack, just for used fasteners.
Whenever I'm throwing something together, I always scan those bins
first, before moving to the new ones.

My money says you spend more on containers than you save by re-using
old screws, and that doesn't include the space required for storage or
the time spent trying to reclaim them.

Does the term "pack rat" or "I might need that someday" come to
mind?grin

Lew