Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default HF Long Nosed Die Grinder

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:44:59 -0500, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

I got one for Christmas and the metal part at the front gets hot
awfully fast just running it at idle without even stressing it. In
less than a minute it's uncomfortably hot, but not so hot that I can't
hold it. Are they all like this or did I get one with a problem? It
doesn't sound unusally noisy, and the parts breakdown shows it having
ball bearing, not sleeves.

Uncomfortable is probably not more than 120F or so, which is not
unreasonable for a ball bearing running at high speed. Unless you
think the bearing itself is much hotter than the housing, or gets even
hotter over longer periods of time, and it's running smoothly, I
wouldn't be concerned.

--
Ned Simmons