Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Polishing a pitted flywheel

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
I know exactly what he's talking about. But then unlike you I know
what the inside of a tape recorder looks like.

There are so many variations in the way the various drives work I doubt
anyone knows them all.

All no. But in context it's easy to work out which type Danielle was
talking about. And it's easy to tell that LoudMouth didn't have a clue.

Perhaps you should check out Dave's site - his engineering expertise isn't
in question. And well engineered tape recorders don't use rubber band
drives anyway. That's reserved for the bottom of the market.

--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.