Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Commercial Decorating Question

Peter Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:20:49 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

A decorating freind of mine swears by Jhonstones - it is good quality paint,
but then again, so is Crown, and to a lesser degree, Dulux

I used to work for Crown. We used to rate Johnston's and Leyland, from
the same company as I recall, against 'our' Brolac/Macpherson [1],
'value for money' ranges. Of course, we always said that Crown was
better than Dulux but then the Dulux people would say that theirs was
better than Crown. Can't remember the name of the Dulux value range.

[1] Brolac and Macpherson were made to the same formulas in different
factories and sold/marketed in different parts of the country. Both
were owned by Akzo Nobel, which also owned Crown. About four years ago
Brolac was replaced by Macpherson nationally. A year or so back Akzo
Nobel bought ICI, including Dulux, and sold Crown to its management.

No wonder I am (maybe we are?) confused, if it ain't owned by Akzo
Nobel, it was...

--
Rod

onset.