Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Choong Keat Yian Choong Keat Yian is offline

Default Fluke DMM recommendations?

Dave is right, China usually make junks and rubbish but that is for their others
brands and factories and they do have quality stuff but these Chinese "business
model" is different from Japanese when it comes to "brand power" and marketing,
just because Fluke is Made in China doesn't mean it has gone bad as it still a
Fluke US engineered designs, I have been using my US made Fluke 12 over 16 years
and it is still good and prime so the end note here is Made in China label is not
the question, it is the brand that is the core issue here.

Choong

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Larkin wrote:
Think you'll find the Fluke *is* a Chinese meter...;-)

All of my Flukes, including my very nice new 8845A, say
"made in USA."

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/MadeInUSA.JPG

Are any of their low-end things actually Chinese?

I got a flier from an electronics company the other day with some Fluke
models on special offer and that said they were made in China. They could
have been wrong, of course - you'd need to see the actual unit to be sure.

Everybody else - Agilent, Keithley, BNC, Wavetek - are selling their
names and shipping Chinese junk. The low-end Tek scopes are made in
China, but I think they're still Tek designs.

Just because it's designed/made in China doesn't make it junk. They are
perfectly capable of making high quality stuff as well as rubbish. You
need to blame the brand name if they allow crap to be sold using their
logo.