Silvan

Default chess board needs some pieces...

Tom Watson wrote:

Staunton has a really nice (don't laugh) plastic set that is heavily
weighted and is a faithful copy of the wooden Collector's set.

I'm not laughing. Those look very nice.

The only problem is that due to the limitations imposed by the technique I
used to make the board, and the size of my small table saw, I have 1.875"
squares. I think all of the pieces they offer would just be too large.

Bummer, because you have a good point about having an accurate set for
reference. I *do* want to make my own some day. It's been on my list for
years.

I wouldn't use a wood set for travel.

There *is* that. I shouldn't lose sight of the fact that one reason I'm
thinking the way I am is because the $2 chess set came back from the
camping trip with both of the crosses broken off the kings...

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 18042 Approximate word count: 541260