Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Wall-wart issues

Geo wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:44:11 +0000, Lobster
wrote:

One new incoming gadget was an LG mobile phone. As it happens, we
already have an LG charger in the house from another (now stolen) model:
they look physically identical and have the same proprietary jackplugs.

The old wallwart says it puts out 4.8V / 0.9A; but the new one is 5.1V /
0.7A (ie higher volts but lower current).

My suspicion would be that neither are as accurate as stated - but can you put a
meter probes into the connector of the old one (off load) to check if it really
is 4.8v?

Not readily - the LG connector is a weird, flat multi-pin job with
recessed connectors very close together!

Try a google for the phone model number (and charger) to see what amazon/ebay
etc offer as replacement chargers for that model.

Well, AFAICS they seem to sell a generic charger for both phones;
however I'm not sure whether that means anything or not.

FWIW the phones/chargers are as follows:
LG Chocolate: STA-P51US charger, 4.8V / 0.9A
LG Viewty: STA-P52UR charger, 5.1V / 0.7A

Thanks
David