Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chiiped car windscreen - best way to fix?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:02:40 -0800 (PST), terry wrote:

Does 'excess' mean what, over here in NA, we would call a
'deductible'?

In other words one may have a policy under which one pays would
typically pay the first, perhaps $100 of any repair with a total cost
of under say $3000; or something along those lines?

Yes but with no limit where it goes away. You always pay the "excess".

Why have you followed up to my post with no reference to insurance excess
anyway? Ah, google groups again, say no more.

--
Cheers
Dave.