Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to fix these rotting floor joists

On Dec 26, 12:53�pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

In working in my kitchen, I uncovered this mess in the floor joists
near the door.

http://freeboundaries.com/mess.jpg

I'm faced with the problem of how to fix this situation. I have cut
off the part that was completely rotten. The joist right in the middle
was sistered to give it the right height. There are two sisters
because the carpenter didn't get it right the first time.

What you see down below the joists is a stone wall. I don't think it's
flat enough to provide good support, i.e. if I were to put some lumber
on it.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

first fix where the moisture is entering so its not a future
problem!!!

Use PT wood level the top of the stone wall add some PT shims and
sister new wood, I would double up all those beams.

you could put a piece of metal on top of the beams