Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Tempering tank for hot water system

On Dec 25, 8:25*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 25, 6:50 pm, ransley wrote:

On Dec 25, 11:58 am, " wrote:

On Dec 25, 10:54 am, Steve wrote:

On Dec 24, 5:31 pm, ransley wrote:

I've already considered this and the tank does not sit very far away
from the floor drain.
Thanks,
Steve

after being agains this originally i believe its a good idea, my
concern would be legionaires disease

Has anyone actualy got legionares from a HW tank. Doesnt it need open
air to establish and breed.

yes it was in the sealed and pressurized water system in that hotel.
it grows in warm water.

they used repeated pure bleach to kill the bacteria- Hide quoted text -

What hotel, the only hotel I heard of it was in stagnant water from AC
chillers or other AC equipment. I can understand non chlorinated, warm
pooled water growing anything, but chlorinated, sealed, moving,
pressurised systems, no I have not heard that as fact.