Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Sony Plasma takes 100 goes to turn on

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 20:30:38 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 06:47:01 +1100, "Johno222"
wrote:

It eventually turns on - but you have to press the remote 100 times
and it tries to turn on but doesnt.

That reminds me of my RCA TV. It turns on, but 75% or so of the time
turns itself back off in a second.

Maybe the remote is a lot smarter than you think. It knows that 75% of the
time there's really none of the 200 stations worth watching.

I just got an RCA 12 or 15 inch at a yard sale last summer, for a
dollar, and it takes 10 seconds to 2.5 hours to turn on.

The remote works fine for other things, but because of the delay, I'm
not sure if it works at all for the on function.

The button on the set does this.

And unswitching and switching the power cord seemed to work pretty
well, but tonight took at least a half hour. Then I unswitched it
again so it won't go on while I'm sleeping.