Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Sony Plasma takes 100 goes to turn on

Johno222 wrote:
It eventually turns on - but you have to press the remote 100 times and it
tries to turn on but doesnt.

Hi,
Do you have a set of fresh batteries in the remote? Then wiped clean the
sensor lens at the TV end? Then have to figure out whether sensor is
weak or remote os bad. There are many cheap universal code learning
remote in the market which will replace OEM remote. I use Harmony remote
to control all components on my home theater set up. Hrmony controls
everything with one touch of a button. Works very well.