Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Good Gas Can?

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message
ok, since its a metal working group,,, what's wrong with the good old 5
gallon Jerry can. To big you say!!! well cut it down to a size that works
for you... I have one that I cut down years ago,, it holds a little more
then a gallon. Its even cute too... I have another one that my Dad used to
mount on his international scout. It was for water. He put a garden hose
spigot on it, so we could wash up before lunch while we were out
hunting... The best part of that one was the rube Goldberg wrench he
"built" to hold the nut inside the can, while he was tightening the
outside... If I recall, the wrench consumed about 3/4's of a roll of black

bob in phx.

The problem is if a bit of water gets in the bottom the rust can wreak
havoc. Might not be an issue anymore with the 10% ethanol gas.