Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default Sunbeam heated blanket controller

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 08:58:28 -0500, Sam Goldwasser wrote:

Ken Wright writes:

To the original poster: Are you sure the blanket is working properly.

The lowest setting on the Sunbeam blankets I've had was next to no heat.

I've never had an electric blanket before so I don't know what `working
properly' is. It definitely gets much warmer on higher settings so I
assume it is normal. I put it on a variac at 90 volts last night and it
may have lowered the heat output a bit. It abruptly ceases operation at
about 40 volts (light goes out and it won't power on).

kw