Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Chiiped car windscreen - best way to fix?

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 19:46:21 UTC,
(jamma-plusser) wrote:

Just noticed a really tiny chip in my windscreen, probably a mere 2 or
3mm across by about 1mm. No cracks emanating from it and I want to
prevent any from occurring.

The chip isn't directly in my line of sight, but is just off to the
right of said area.

From Googling around I see a number of chip repair kits are available,
but are any of them any good?

Or should I just phone up my insurance company (I'm fully comp with a
รบ60 excess on windscreen replacment)? (would have phoned them now but
they're closed for obvious reasons).

Get the insurance company. Normally that's done free, no excess (they'd
rather pay for that than the broken windscreen that can develop).

http://www.diybanter.com