Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default OT Trying to copy a VHS tape in NTSC format (UK)

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

The formula states that the cable attenuation changes by
approximately .02dB per dB per degree C. Note the "PER dB".
That "dB" the actual cable attenuation.

I did read that carefully, and wondered. It looked like a typo, as if
you'd accidentally added "per degree".

I've never seen this before, and I suspect most other readers didn't.

Actually, for things like temperature coefficient of resistivity(TCR),
such things as 'ohms per ohm per degree' are pretty common.

To be completely clear, TCR should be stated explicitly in units like.

ohms of change in value per ohm of initial resistance at T1 per degree
change.

When I used to design and build resistors and capacitors for Sprague in
the late 60's and early 70's, the components had spec'd TCR and TCC in
such terms.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.