Posted to alt.home.repair
pkarl pkarl is offline

Default Only good mouse is a dead mouse, yes, but how to get there?

On Dec 22, 9:26*am, Ernie Willson wrote:
I can attest to how convenient these traps are. They pose no danger to
the user, as the older "spring-snap" type did.http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/M130
They are easy to bait and catch a lot of mice. If you put peanut butter
on the trigger you can catch several mice before you have to re-bait the
trap. You can cleanly open the trap (without touching the mouse)and drop
the little bugger in the toilet for flushing.

I use this kind of trap, but rather than baiting with peanut butter, I
superglue a couple pieces of mouse bait to the trigger. I can get
12-20 mice in a year this way without having to rebait the trap. The
bait I use is greenish, comes in a little cellophane bag, and consists
of little cylindrical pieces about 1/2" long and maybe 1/8" in
diameter.