Posted to alt.home.repair
trader-of-some-jacks trader-of-some-jacks is offline

Default Only good mouse is a dead mouse, yes, but how to get there?

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:54:28 -0500, trader-of-some-jacks
wrote:

I've adapted this. I have a string running from the points that the
handle attaches to the bucket, and I have an empty orange juice
concentrate can slathered in peanut butter on the middle of the
string.

Four hours into this experiment, no mice, but maybe they're waiting
for the house to be quiet.

My only concern is the board; the one I have is probably at a 30
degree angle and I hope that's not too steep.

Sounds like it will work. Fingers crossed.

Although not sure if I want there to be mice (proving the thing works,
but confirming I have mice), or no mice (possibly indicating poor
execution on my part, but maybe indicating no mice left in basement),
when I next check it.

It worked - caught my first mouse last night. I still probably need a
longer (less steep) approach to the bucket.