Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leo Tick Leo Tick is offline

Default OT Trying to copy a VHS tape in NTSC format (UK)

Graz wrote:
I need to copy a PAL-VHS tape in NTSC format for someone in the US. I
have a Sony VCR which can read tapes in NTSC format and I want to dub
this tape from a second VCR. My first attempt produced a tape which
can be played whether the Sony is in NTSC mode or PAL mode. Have I
succeeded or am I wasting my time?

I appreciate this is off topic here; perhaps someone could point me to
a more appropriate newsgroup if there is no simple answer?

this can be done fairly easily but one need a tv card in a PC like
Hauppague. The card and software will produce an AVI file and you can go
from there to a dvd or vcd is quite easy