Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default Good Gas Can?

ok, since its a metal working group,,, what's wrong with the good old 5
gallon Jerry can. To big you say!!! well cut it down to a size that works
for you... I have one that I cut down years ago,, it holds a little more
then a gallon. Its even cute too... I have another one that my Dad used to
mount on his international scout. It was for water. He put a garden hose
spigot on it, so we could wash up before lunch while we were out hunting...
The best part of that one was the rube Goldberg wrench he "built" to hold
the nut inside the can, while he was tightening the outside... If I recall,
the wrench consumed about 3/4's of a roll of black tape!!!!!!!!!

bob in phx.

oh yea and don't be stupid and try to weld a can that has not been cleaned
and purged....

"Wes" wrote in message
(Doug White) wrote:

So, do the very knowledgeable folks here have a favorite type/brand of
can? It may be that Wedco has improved their design by now, because they
still seem to be one of the big brands. Consumer Reports thinks their
"no-spill" design was better than ones from Blitz, which seems to be
another top brand. There also see s to be some funny business about what
state certain cans are legal for. I live in Massacuhusetts, which is
probably not a good thing...

I was at our local big box store (no not walmart) and for grins I looked
at gas
containers. Big sign about 2009 federal rules coming in and that these
are compatible.

http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/9413451?ref=gbase

What is started in Kalefornia eventually comes to everywhere else. I'll
be buying some
tide.

Wes