Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sub-panel rough-in options

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

Can a sub-panel be installed in the ceiling between two ceiling joists
with breakers pointing down?

I'm also thinking of an alternative locations. I know that there is a
rule against installing subpanels in closets - but what counts as a
closet? I have a gigantic walk in closet that one can think of as a
small room. And I'm open to removing the door off of that closet (it's
in the basement). Would that be OK?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron the others gave you some good advice, but whenever I have a doubt
about something like that I call the electrical inspector to get
confirmation that it is okay. He will have the final say on whether it is
acceptable or not. Hopefully you got a permit for this work and can give
the inspector a call.