Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tempering tank for hot water system

On Dec 24, 7:47*am, ransley wrote:
On Dec 24, 6:34*am, " wrote:

On Dec 24, 2:47 am, Caesar Romano wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:01:16 -0800 (PST), Steve
wrote Re Tempering tank for hot water system:

Interesting....... If there is some possibility of this happening, I
am wondering why it has not been made more of an issue to the
public?????

Because very few people drink water from their hot water heater. If
they do, they usually heat it up more while cooking, making
coffee/tea, etc. thus killing any bacteria that might be present.

oh anyone can drink once heated water easily.

your wife washes her hands in hot water turns water off, walks
away.....

10 minutes later you came in and get a drink of water from the tap.

the once heated water is trapped in the faucet, your drink is
partially once heated water

I say urban myth, just look at all of those giant water tanks
supplying communities all over the world that dont make people sick.

Then there is chlorine that kills what really makes you sick and
legionela.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, but In the civilized world, where disease is under control, the
water from those tanks is treated with cholrine before being delivered
to the user. In the case of a water heater, one could have a
domestic well, which is an entirely different situation.

I tend to agree though that from a practical standpoint, of all the
legionaire stories I've ever read, none that I've seen involved
getting it from a domestic water heater.