Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Woodturning, is it off topic here?

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:55:04 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article
,
robo hippy wrote:

Well, back to the redneck peppermill. In the days before plastic bags,
I think it was a mortar and pestal. I do get requests for them.

What's a good wood to use? Hard maple, maybe?

I have a ceramic one I use for spices in the kitchen, but there may be
a smal market for wooden ones around here.

I did 5 or 6 or the pestles? (crusher part) for a sculptor last winter...
He did the main part out of stone but wanted wood for the "stick"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing