Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default It is cold out side, lets take about bifocals

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:37:25 -0500, Wes
wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...valve-4030.cfm

They are heavy, but they grip ice/slippery pretty well and
are the warmest boots I've ever had. Hold up pretty well
too. I've been wearing them for over 15 years now. Trudged 6
miles with them on so far today, probably do another 4 miles
later this afternoon. Altogether I average 10 miles a day
walking. Haven't been able to wear anything else now for the
past several weeks...

My dad had GI issue boots like those. Sure were warm. Sadly, I grew up a bit more and
they didn't fit anymore. Same thing for mom's ice skates.

Wes

Don't know how far you wander, but General Jim's Surplus
over in Clare used to carry them. Per their website it looks
like they still do:

http://www.generaljims.com/InsulatedBoots/

Right next door to Jay's Sporting Goods, I KNOW you've been
there before.

If you know exactly what size you need, I would just order
them from one of the net stores.

Unless you do something really bad to them, they will
last/holdup for 15-20 years.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b