Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default It is cold out side, lets take about bifocals

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:42:11 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:39:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

snip
And perhaps some of you guys can
tell me - every time I been in the snow, my feet get frozen - the rest
is ok, but the feet are almost painful. Wear 2 pairs of socks, good
leather work boots. Whats the secret, except for looking like some
idiot Snow Bunny...

Warm snow bunny beats cold snow bunny every time See:

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...valve-4030.cfm

They are heavy, but they grip ice/slippery pretty well and
are the warmest boots I've ever had. Hold up pretty well
too. I've been wearing them for over 15 years now. Trudged 6
miles with them on so far today, probably do another 4 miles
later this afternoon. Altogether I average 10 miles a day
walking. Haven't been able to wear anything else now for the
past several weeks...

Just make sure you get the real thing and not one of the
look-alike/knock-offs.

The black mouse boots are not quite as warm, but considerably lighter
and less bulky. I've never had cold feet using them down to -35F,
though by the time it's that cold I'm in my sleeping bag. I snowshoed
4 miles yesterday in mine. They're the second pair I've owned in 30
years and are starting to show their age, good to know of a place to
get new pair at a reasonable price.
http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...valve-2793.cfm

--
Ned Simmons