Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It is cold out side, lets take about bifocals

On 2008-12-23, wrote:

The real mongrel is SMD components in electronics - incredibly small,
if you drop one, forget about ever finding it. Use a magnifying lamp
to see them, but then loose depth perception.

Stereo Zoom microscope for the depth perception -- but perhaps
the magnifying lamp to *find* it first. :-)

A strong light at a low angle makes them cast a long shadow that's
more easily seen, good enough to find an 0603 on the floor.

My nastiest SMD task was adding forgotten ECL pullups using 0201
resistors stood on end, butt-spliced to a fine wire jumper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-mount_technology

JW

Try lifting a pin on a 288 pin package, and soldering 40 AWG wire to
it, to correct a layout error.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.