Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default LED Xmas lights

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:30:51 +0000, dave wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:22:28 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Just occurred looking at these that they have a pretty constant light
output in all directions - unlike most LEDs which have a lens focusing
it in fairly narrow beam. So pretty similar to an ordinary filament
lamp. There's a few occasions when I'd like LEDs like this, but
haven't seen them on sale in the component suppliers. What should I be
looking for?

Sandpaper.

Yes it can work., I filed one down past the lens once but the surface
needs much polishing - noit worth the effort really.

Flame polish them. It won't be optically perfect, but you explicitly
don't want that...

....you can also do them tens or hundreds at a time.