Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Cleaning car headlining material ?

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

They came round to fit it - and of course I watched. I was surprised
they used the original rubber - after all it was 20 years old, but still
available new and at a reasonable price. I was also surprised they
fitted it to the screen dry - the factory w/s manual says to use sealer.

Sounds very familiar...

And of course it leaked.

Yup, definitely familiar.

They managed to score the paint in two places when removing the screen.
Badly.

Ah - now there they did manage to do it right on mine - but only because
they didn't actually remove the rubber from the body.

And it still leaked...

Yup. Definitely coming through between glass and rubber in the lower
corners of the windscreen. I tried some sealant, but it just slowed it
down.

Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure (no, seriously) seems to have done
the job, though.