Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT Trying to copy a VHS tape in NTSC format (UK)

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , William Sommerwerck
writes
I knew an old ATT guy who worked in both cross country coaxial
& microwave video feeds. He told me how much of a pain it was to
equalize a section of cross county coax used for network TV feeds,
and keep it that way as the temperature changed.

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't realize coax was so
temperature-sensitive.

Its attenuation changes by appx .02dB per dB per degree C.

In the UK it would normally be buried underground - so kept at a fairly
constant temperature. But just shows the difference between a small
country like the UK and somewhere so vast as the US. Or perhaps that the
co-ax was installed by a state owned company with a monopoly so costs
perhaps weren't the main priority.

--
*Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.