Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

In article ,
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Where are they made? Instead of the usual Duracell from the far east,
today my wife brought home one made in Belgium. I expect this is the real
thing and the others are fakes.

Does it make sense to situate a battery factory in only one country when
your market is the world? One inside the EU can make sense because of
favourable trading conditions within that, but high labour costs there
means the product is unlikely to be competitive world wide.

Incidentally, I've been looking into the comparative costs of alkaline and
lithium and they seem to be priced more or less in direct relation to
their claimed life. And since that claimed life will be a best case
scenario I won't be changing to them for RM use.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.