Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Back In The Saddle - Xmas 08 Presents - And A Light Box

After a few days of shop clean up in preparation for turning Christmas
presents it was time to get Back In The Saddle. Now, after several days
- literally - of turning I think I've worked out the kinks and restored
some
lost muscle memory. It is sort of like riding a bicycle - you never
forget
- but a little shakey and wobbly at first.

Of potential interest to folks here is how to make - and use a Light
Box.
Thanks to some Jamie D. over in WoodCentral's Turning forum, I finally
got around to doing something I SHOULD HAVE done a LONG time ago
- make a light box for photographing my turnings.

On the photos on the attached page, note that the highlights aren't
the normal BRIGHT AS HELL - and distacting Hot Spots from the lights.
And also note that there's no Wall Meets Floor line in the background.
That's thanks to using a light box and a seamless background.

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see an illustrated example - with
notes and a parts list for more about the one I did. Then seriously
consider making one of your own!

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...08/Xmas08.html

Am running out of time on the Jewelry Tree (4th & 5th pic on the linked
page). Have the lead shot weights in place and waiting for the epoxy
to dry - and still haven't figured out how to top this puppy.

I hope Ho-Ho-Ho doesn't turn into hysterical laughter - I HATE working
under time constraints!