Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Cleaning car headlining material ?

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:06:48 UTC, Bovvered? wrote:

On 24 Dec 2008 11:46:39 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:38:06 UTC, Bovvered? wrote:

I had a new windscreen fitted yesterday, it wasn't until I checked
later that I found the fitter had left grubby finger marks all the way
up and down the 'A' pillars. They are covered in the same stuff as
the headlining, a sort of cheap thin stretchy material. I've not had
much luck in the past with cleaning this type of material so just
wondered if anyone had any recommendations based on personal
experience.

Many, many years ago I used something from Diversey to clean headlinings
(I was working as a car cleaner at the time, my boss being Sally
Thomsett's dad!). It was magic. May be worth asking a valet or local
garage...

I'm just about to try Stain Devils on my headlining, unless someone has
a better idea. It has red wine splashed all over one side..

Sally Thomsett, oh my god how I lusted after her when I was 14. She
needed a damn good looking after...

Me too, except I was about the same age! I did get to meet her a few
times...

How on earth did you spill wine on the headlining, or should we ask?

I didn't. Some pillocks stole a load of wine from the local wine shop,
didn't like the red, so heaved a full (but open) bottle through the rear
window...
http://www.diybanter.com