Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED Xmas lights

In article
,
Adam Aglionby wrote:
On 22 Dec, 13:28, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Bovvered? wrote:

Just occurred looking at these that they have a pretty constant
light output in all directions - unlike most LEDs which have a lens
focusing it in fairly narrow beam. So pretty similar to an ordinary
filament lamp. There's a few occasions when I'd like LEDs like
this, but haven't

them on sale in the component suppliers.
What should I be looking for?
Wide angle LEDs

No - those are still far too directional. I want something with a
light output pattern similar to a GLS lamp. Ie, all round with the
exception of the cap.

Generic name is "inverted cone" or in big LEDs "side emitting"

Thanks for that. The ones I was looking at seem to have what looks like a
sphere round the electrodes - then the whole lot encased in a transparent
tube.

--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.