Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Tempering tank for hot water system

On Dec 23, 5:23*pm, Rick-Meister wrote:
The reason electrics have the problem is because they heat from the
side. That leaves a cooler zone at the bottom of the tank. The
bacteria feeds on sediment and cooler water--anything under 122
degrees.

I don't quite agree with this statement. Electric heaters have
heating elements that are threaded into the side of the tank but the
element extends into or past the center of the tank. The bottom
element comes on first to do the major portion of heating the water
and the top element helps keep the temp at the set temp - as I
understand it.

Steve