Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default SketchUp7 users -"Dynamic" Kitchen Cabinet Face Frame components

"Leon" wrote

I downloaded and uninstalled SU about 2 or 3 times before I finally
figured out how to use it. A few on line tutorials really help get the
wheels spinning. I have been using AutoCAD LT since 97 and have been
using CAD programs in general since 86. I am finding that SU will pretty
much do what everything that AutoCAD LT would do with a very few
exceptions. The big trick for me is learning/remembering to draw
components and assemble the drawing with those components. I tend to want
to draw every thing in place and that does not work out real well with SU
especially if you want to relocate a particular group of lines.

Other than the obvious advantage/ability to make one change to a
"component", and have that change reflected in all copies of that component,
there is an added advantage, reason to do so:

If you build the model from parts (components and groups), like you would do
a woodworking project, and name them correctly, a cutlist is automatically
done for you, by name, by the CutList plug-in.

Have you tried the plug-in yet? A must have, since you own CutListPlus!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08