Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Snowthrower followup

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:53:31 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 01:04:48 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Son got a new Toro snowthrower nearly identical to mine of 20+ years.
It didn't work right, and he was hugely (and justifiably) ****ed. It
wouldn't go, the dealer really didn't seem to give a ****.

snip

Last summer I bought a new/old model Electrolux Riding
Mower. Looked around a bit to find a dealer that had what I
wanted (side shift hydro control) and would sell me a unit
still in the shipping crate. I would rather just assemble it
myself, rather than have to tear it back down and then put
it back together properly. Most buyers can't tell the
difference, so the dealers have nothing to lose. Probably
spent ~50 hours getting it ready to go. Ain't no dealer
going to put that kind of time into it...

I would bet on Don Foreman prepping a new snowthrower
properly over any dealer that I know...

I hear that he does a good job fixing old ones too ;-)

Gawrsh, thanks! I seem to be getting more timid as I age, perhaps
that ain't all wrong. I seem to be less eager to tackle challenges
while occasionally more able to meet them. Go figure.