Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Good Gas Can?

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:10:03 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus25152
scrawled the following:

In my pickup, I have a 20 liter gallon steel gas container bought from
generator joe. In the yard, I have plastic containers that work
fine. As Larry pointed out, do not overfill them.

They also leak if half full (if they're cold and it warms up a whole
lot or you squeeze the sides of the can.) The assinine design has the
vent tube dipped into the gas for the length of the spout!

Fill 'er up and push quickly and firmly on the sides of the can and
you can get a 1/4" stream of gas to shoot 20'. It's a REAL safe
design...NOT!

--
Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

--Robert A. Heinlein