Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Any GOOD sales this year for the workshop?

On 2008-12-23, Don Foreman wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 06:46:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

[ ... ]

Do you regard a 'puter as a shop tool? (I do)

[ ... ]

Not to mention VISTA, and device drivers that are not availible to
the end user for their SATA CDROM & DVD drives.

I can't find anything about Vista to recommend it. My son will be
converting the box to XP. I'm too lazy to learn Linux and we have a
bunch of legacy apps that run under Windows.

Why not at least try installing Linux in the old machine which
you are retiring. Ask around for advice as to which distribution to
load. (I tend to play with Sun's Solaris on most of my SPARC based
systems,, and OpenBSD on various systems, SPARC and Intel based..)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564