Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Draw bar tightening torque....

I'm afraid that the metric equivalent of Grunt conversion would involve
calculating fig newton pied du roi (not to be confused with cor du roi),
which I'm unfamiliar with, but I believe is included in the French version
of Machinerys Handbook.

They use it frequently in bicycle design.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Grumpy" wrote in message
. au...

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Maybe the correct tightening torque would be: not quite a full grunt.

I'm fairly sure that starting at a half of a grunt, then trying a little
more, would do it.

--
WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

wrote in message
but I wonder if your collets are seating properly.

No collets. I don't use it very often and changing tooling is even
less frequent. A consistent minimum acceptable tightening torque will
solve the problem.

On Dec 17, 11:38 pm, "Wild_Bill" wrote:

For us in the metric world ,do you have a metric equivalent of 1 grunt?