Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Wiring for Speakers Between Floors

On Dec 23, 7:47*am, "The Ranger" wrote:
I am looking to add speakers to the kitchen feed from a stereo
system 20 feet away. I'd like to have the speakers recessed
into the ceiling at a corner in the kitchen.

What are some ideas for wiring this without tearing out too
much sheet rock?

Two-story house, stereo system is built-in to a corner area.
Some speakers are already wired into wall, shortening distance
by ten feet but I'm still unsure of how to get wire to ceiling
for next set of speakers.

Many thanks!

The Ranger

This is a good article:

http://www.crutchfield.com/Learn/lea...ll_wiring.html

Also there are a lot of "tricks of the trade" when it comes to
installing wiring into an existing home, the article above discloses
many of them.

This place has a lot of the tools for these tricks:

http://www.hometech.com/hts/

Without a photo its hard to say what is the best (easiest) way to
route the wire. Also for a great deal on in-wall speakers and HDMI
cable check out:

www.monoprice.com