Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default New boiler installed System 2000

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some of you may be interested in the final outcome of my quest to find a
good heating boiler.

I started out looking at Buderus, Crown, Peerless. They all seem good, this
one seems better. I've heard the Crown can be louder than others.

Today, the System 2000 was installed. Only been running for a few hours so
it will take months to see how much the savings are but I'm very pleased
with the way it is set up and the way it works. Everything looks high
quality and the installer did a very nice job of piping . It has about 15
valves so anything in the system can be isolated for service. Water heating
is indirect fired 40 gallon tank that seems about bottomless. Ran the
dishwasher and it was always at temperature and a short shower did not even
start the burner.

The single most noticeable attribute is the sound. Or lack of it. It is
the quietest oil boiler I've ever seen.

Time will tell, but it seems like a very well built machine.
http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

Some states offer rebates and low or no interest financing. Depending on
oil prices, I can pay for this completely from oil savings at $3 a gallon.

Did I mention how quiet it is?

My buddy has a liquid fuels business and I went to a trade show in A/C
this summer with him. Various manufacturers had boilers and furnaces on
display. The one you picked certainly looks like a solid design. I like
the idea of being able to open the door and having access to everything.
They also had a working unit in a trailer out in the parking lot and it
definitely is quiet.

Indirect domestic water heaters really work well no matter what they are
attached to. We have a boilermate brand that is attached to our gas hot
water boiler.