Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Good Gas Can?

On Dec 22, 8:57*pm, (Doug White) wrote:
My wife has made it clear that although she doesn't mind operating the
snowblower when I'm at work, she HATES the 1 gallon plastic gas can I
have. *Frankly, I can't blame her, 'cause it seems to be built by the
folks that invented the dribble glass.

The one I have is by Wedco, and you have to take the nozzle off, and
remove and then re-install a plug to seal it every time you use it. *When
you remove the plug and lock the spout back on with the plastic nut, it
never seals well unless you REALLY crank on it. *End result is gas
leaking all over & a ticked off spouse. *It has no gasket to seal the
spout to the can or the cap. *The plug has a thin O-ring, and I've never
been convinced it actually sealed against anything either.

I'd much prefer a can with a cap on the nozzle so that you dont have to
go through hoops every time you use it. *If it filled through a second
opening, that might be even better.

So, do the very knowledgeable folks here have a favorite type/brand of
can? *It may be that Wedco has improved their design by now, because they
still seem to be one of the big brands. *Consumer Reports thinks their
"no-spill" design was better than ones from Blitz, which seems to be
another top brand. *There also see s to be some funny business about what
state certain cans are legal for. *I live in Massacuhusetts, which is
probably not a good thing...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug White

The Blitz plastic cans *without* the spring loaded spout work well,
they just empty slowly and somewhat spurtily.

The spring loaded spouts are a nightmare.

Dave