Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Only good mouse is a dead mouse, yes, but how to get there?

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:08:39 -0600, HeyBub wrote:
You're probably right. I've seen my cats interact with Mocking birds.
After a few desultory lunges, the cats try really, really hard to ignore
the pest. It seemed to me that going after a bird was calculated as
almost futile.

There was an Animal Planet show a bit back ranking the top ten feline
predators based on what they hunted. As I recall, number ten was some
obscure Indonesian cat that had only two prey: mud turtles and fungus.
The list went up through lions, cheetas, bobcats, and so on to number
one. The most ecumenical hunter of all the cats was ... wait for it ...
the domestic house cat! Yes, your ordinary kitty has over 10,000
enumerated species on its menu, including small birds, rodents, insects,
worms, snakes, small mammals, amphibians, larger birds (like chickens),
moles, spiders, and toilet tissue.

Don't forget the odd set of toes that happen to make the covers move. I
swear when we had cats I was tempted to wear my slippers to bed.