Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT Trying to copy a VHS tape in NTSC format (UK)

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:
I'm no real expert. Ten years ago, I had a couple of tapes (of a wedding
in the USA) 'professionally' converted (in the UK) to PAL. I recall that
the results were not too impressive.

Likely done by pointing a camera at a monitor. Proper standards convertors
were/are extremely expensive. And only really to be found within broadcast
facilities. But then copying any VHS results in very noticeable
degradation - even without standards conversion.

--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.