Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any GOOD sales this year for the workshop?

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:22:55 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Since we are in the last week before Christmas, I was wondering if
there were any GOOD sales for the metal or wood workshop?

If you know of one, let us know.

Thanks

Do you regard a 'puter as a shop tool? (I do)

It occurred to me to wonder if computer makers might be pricing
aggressively with consumer spending so constipated. The "house" 'puter
is a decade old, never has crashed. It's time to retire that
faithful old box.

Dell had some good deals going when I looked toward end of Nov. One
could get a 'puter with a 20" monitor for less than the monitor would
have cost not long ago. The specs are nuts: quad core, 4 gig of RAM,
500 gig of HD are now cheapseats ordinary. Good gawd!!!

Not to mention VISTA, and device drivers that are not availible to
the end user for their SATA CDROM & DVD drives.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.