Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default MOLE HELP

mm wrote in
:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:54:54 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

mm wrote in
m:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:34:50 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

First: Cat(s). Once they spot one above or tunneling, they become
very patient and determined. Was next to woods once. Serious mole
tuneling problem. Stray cat someone dumped off in woods. Roaming
around house to house. No one wanted it. I took it in. Cat cleaned
up moles in a couple of months. No more tunnels. Many tunnels on
other side of fences at neighbors of which one had la-de-da turf
rolled out. Made sure I mentioned how that PITA cat that was around
that no one wanted became mine and eliminated moles...except for the
occasional head I'd fine in the yard.

How come the cat didn't go to the neighbors after he killed all your
moles? Just for a few hours and then he could come home to you?
Was he trained?

Neighbor had a fence around his property because he had a pool. Cat
could easily jump or walk up chain link fence; however, must have felt
it was not his territory. Wooded area across the street. Used to watch

Aha. I think that's an old cat saying, "Good fences make good
neighbors". Robert Cat wrote that.

him sit there waiting. Occasionally catch him doing a pounce. Would
bring home mole, chipmunk, small snake, whatever.

It's funny the way they bring things home.

My understanding is that they are proud of their catch
and/or
It is a gift